A journal of two families trying to eat local pacific northwest foods for the month of August.

Why? To bring awareness, to support local farms and business, to eat healthier, try new foods...

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Brown Bag?

I like to venture out at lunch, get some fresh air and pick up some eats. I think lunch is going to be my biggest challenge in August. I hear a brown bag calling my name (maybe I'll get a cute bag to help entice me). It might be peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks for me. Perhaps I can tag along with my lunch buddies and salivate over their food, or maybe I'll feel really good because I am helping this earth one meal at a time. At least my pocket book will thank me.

For those of you who work in Seattle homegrown has some good local eats.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a lot of peanut butter for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat Local! at the top of Queen Anne has frozen meals that are all from items made locally. I think they must have had us in mind.

    ReplyDelete