A journal of two families trying to eat local pacific northwest foods for the month of August.

Why? To bring awareness, to support local farms and business, to eat healthier, try new foods...

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Another adavantage to going local...upgraded lunch bag


Take a look at that ghetto lunch bag I brought to the office today. I mean, what kind of self respecting mid level manager stuck doing meaningless tasks most of the day would use a bag for lunch that many people use to pick up their dogs poop while walking around Greenlake.






Now take a look at the lunch bag below that I just ordered. Very subtle, I know, but everyone will know it belongs to me.

For lunch today I had an incredible Field Roast sandwich. Cooking black bean burgers with a side of fried carrots and beets (yuppie fried by the way, lightly cooked in olive oil) for dinner tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Ya, I felt REALLY stylin walking into the Seattle office this afternoon with my huge Whole Foods grocery bad which held like 3 things in it--about 5 people looked at me with an expression like "who's the douchebag who did his grocery shopping at lunch?" which was fun...

    PS Kettle Chips are made in Salem, Oregon--SCORE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the potatoes grown? Is potatoes supposed to have an e in it? Today, I came back to the house and had the other half of my $13.98 squash lasagna.

    ReplyDelete