A journal of two families trying to eat local pacific northwest foods for the month of August.

Why? To bring awareness, to support local farms and business, to eat healthier, try new foods...

Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm hungry

Day 2 of eating local and I have to admit I felt hungry all day. I think I'll have to pack more snacks tomorrow. I was excited to try this recipe tonight for dinner, Farro Radicchio and Roasted Beet Salad. To heavy on the radicchio and not enough beets...good thing we had bread and cheese to go with our meal.

I've had a request to track the amount of money this little endevour is costing us. I don't have an exact amount at the moment, but we spent $35 on flour & rice and $18 on tomatos at the Farmers Market on Saturday. Like Guy said, really! Seriously? No wonder people don't eat healthy.

Tim's on tap for making dinner tomorrow night, he must really be starving as he doesn't eat cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jill. Any great finds for saving locally would be so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete