A journal of two families trying to eat local pacific northwest foods for the month of August.

Why? To bring awareness, to support local farms and business, to eat healthier, try new foods...

Monday, August 2, 2010

Why are all local meats frozen???

Okay, I'm at the end (day 21) of a 30 day workout program that is heavy on the meat. I'm trying to find good local meats, but they all seem to be frozen -- even the local meats at the QA farmer's market. Why is this? I tried a frozen lamb and it sucked. Royally. It was just so dry -- and on my program, I can't use a ton of fats to moisten it up. Anyone know a good local (Queen Anne area) supplier of local, non-frozen meats? I should check A&J meats, but I don't remember if they focus on local or not. I feel like I'm going to be going to the store every day!

1 comment:

  1. Barb, Check out this company. http://www.seabreezefarm.net/index.html

    They were at the University Farmers market last Saturday, I'm sure they are at others.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete